Friday, September 19, 2008

Hurricanes - Part 1 - Gustav

As many of you know, I was in New Orleans just prior to Hurricane Gustav. That was one of the more interesting experiences I've had. I was in NOLA working on an oil spill. Try relocating over 100 roll-off dumpsters, thousands of feet of boom, boats, equipment, and all of the miscellaneous supplies from the path of a hurricane in less than 48 hours. That was fun!

In case any of you were thinking that I was scoring beads in the big easy, you're very wrong. This is where I was for 10-12 hours every day...in the Command Post.









Thankfully, I had Katherine's kangaroo to accompany me on my journey.










Here is my colleague, Nancy, and Kangaroo. She later rode out Ike in her hotel bathroom in Houston.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a good daughter! She even wears her Lantern Queen polo shirt while she's in NOLA! Also, a small point of pronunciation: it's Kangyroo, with the emphasis on the first syllable.