Tuesday, March 28, 2006

30 Weeks

We had our 30-week check-up last night. Everything is looking relatively well. I continue to put on weight (about 20 pounds so far). My routine glucose test came back wonderfully. Katherine's heartbeat continues to be strong, as are her kicks and movements. I have had a considerable amount of pain in my left hip. The Dr. says this is because of the softening of the ligaments, separating of the hips, and extra weight and pressure which are all part of a normal pregnancy. The hip pain has caused the most problem at night when I'm trying to get comfortable to sleep. It always feels like it's out of place and needs to be cracked or popped back in. I've already tried stretches, heat, and an occasional Advil. Yesterday the Dr. gave me the name of a trusted chiropractor. I have an appt. to see him tomorrow. We'll see if that helps.

The Dr. also measured my uterus from bottom to top as a normal part of the check-up. It's measuring a little small (27 cm). He said it should be about 30 cm, corresponding with our pregnancy weeks. It's nothing serious, just something that we're going to keep an eye on. Basically, it comes down to the baby becoming too cramped as she puts on weight in these last two months. But, depending on her size and my size, it may not be an issue. Worst case scenario: we deliver a little early. Our check-ups are now every two weeks as we come down the home stretch.

We've had an uneventful pregnancy, thus far. If this is the worst of it, I'll take it.

No comments: