Thursday, June 01, 2006

Any Day Now!

We had our OB check-up tonight. There has been pretty much no progress made in the last week. I'm about 50% effaced and not dialated at all! If Katherine isn't born by Monday, we're scheduled for a non-stress test on Tuesday. It's routine once the baby is officially "overdue". A non-stress test just monitors the baby's heartbeat and movements. Based on everything so far, I think the non-stress test will be fine. As long as there are no concerns from the test, we will talk to the Dr. about planning an induction. Of course Katherine can always surprise us all by arriving on her own.

I have managed to avoid swollen feet during most of this pregnancy. However, the heat seems to be making my piggies plump. Yippee! Oh, I don't think I mentioned that I have resorted to wearing Rob's athletic shorts and pj pants. None of my maternity shorts fit anymore. And ROb's pj pants are more comfortable than most of my pants. The waist band doesn't feel like it's cutting into my belly. The scary part is that his pants almost fit me perfectly. My belly is taking up so much room that they are barely too long.

We'll keep everyone updated.

No comments: